We just had a weekend getaway to Fredericksburg, Tx with our friends Sam and Melissa. Fredericksburg is in the "hill country" that we had heard so much about. Every time we complained about how flat and ugly texas is, people would tell us to go to the "hill country". Now that we have been, we do believe that Texas does have some beauty but we still think Arkansas has them beat. Anyways, we stayed at a wonderful bed and breakfast called "A Place in Time" (cheesy name but really good food and rooms). Friday night we ate at a place called Hondo's, where we sat outside and listened to a live country band. It was really fun and relaxing. Saturday morning we climbed Enchanted Rock, fun but really hot. I definitely think we could have fried some eggs on that enchanted rock. That afternoon we went to the Becker winery where we toured and tasted. One of my favorite things of the whole trip was our meal at August E's. It was incredible food, kind of fancy too. Sunday morning we went to the Wildflower Seed Farm. At the farm, they raise and sell beautiful plants. This obviously isn't the prime time to go due to the extreme heat and drought. I would love to go in the spring because they have fields and fields of flowers. After the flowers, Melissa and I went shopping and the guys went to a World War II Museum. I would definitely say that we had a wonderful weekend in the hill country.
14 years ago
2 comments:
Hey guys-so glad yall have a blog. I hope you don't mind if I add you to the ones I like to read. Oscar and I LOVE fredericksburg. Its one of our favorite places to go and visit. Next time you go, you have to eat at Mamacitas-a wonderful mexican food resturant with homemade flour tortillas!
Yes, you are right - Arkansas is definitely prettier - but in a different way. :) Glad ya'll made it to the Hill Country and Enchanted Rock. Now just go to Brenham for some Blue Bell Ice Cream!
Post a Comment